Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Light-Hearted Comparison

If one more person references the movie "When Harry Met Sally", and uses it as what they suspect to be a cute way to tell me they're a pain in the ass, I'm going to snap.

It's not clever, it's DEFINITELY not cute, and all it does is waste more time while I'm standing there listening to you explain the comparison and giggle at how clever you believe yourself to be (after all, you're about to send me to the kitchen 80 times to check on ingredients, and see if we can do this or that to accommodate you).


Don't suggest that I go rent the movie, I'm not as young as I look. I've seen the movie, I've seen the scene you're talking about and now I dislike you very much.

Seriously, the next time I'm looking to rent a flick I'm really going to think of you, the fucking pain in the ass at my table who put me in the weeds. I'm going to remember your suggestion. I'm going to rent "When Harry Met Sally" and guffaw at that very scene you made your comparison and I'm going to fondly remember you sitting at my table and say to myself, "Awww hee hee... those ladies were right, she IS like Sally, it's hilarious when people are an absolute pain in my ass."

No comments: